Due to continued growth, we are looking for a great Account Executive to join us in delivering exceptional B2B PR and content campaigns.
As an account executive at Morton Waters, you will work primarily under the direction of senior account staff to ensure the smooth running of our clients’ campaigns, from communicating the correct information to all members of the team, to facing clients and reporting to the account director and clients. It will be a varied role, with exposure to content, creative, branding, project management, marketing strategy, social and digital.
You’ll have an important part to play in helping to support our clients on a day-to-day basis, as well as supporting the agency’s growth plans.
We are looking for someone who can see the opportunities that a small team can bring – both to themselves as individuals but also to clients.
Responsibilities to include:
- Supporting team efforts to implement campaigns and projects for clients that reflect our agency core skills and high standards
- Implementing the tactical elements of a client campaign to support the overall strategic objectives
- Developing excellent research, writing and editing skills, working towards independently creating thought leadership, web content, and other marketing materials as indicated by the account director, including press releases, social media calendars, reports etc.
- Undertaking reporting, including measuring PR, integrated marketing and social media results
- Developing and maintaining productive relationships with co-workers, clients, editors and influencers
- Conducting the media relations tasks including pitching efforts, follow-up contact, reporting etc.
- Assisting on account administration such as arranging meetings, creating reports to keep the client and team updated on progress and attending status meeting
- Working on compelling, effective social media and other digital campaigns including creating written and visual content
- Uploading, segmenting, creating and distributing email campaigns
- Contributing to brainstorm sessions for new and existing clients
Skills required include:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- First class organisational skills and an ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a calm outlook
- A pro-active approach to creative projects
- Team-player with a can-do attitude and a personable and professional character that will allow you to build client rapport
- An understanding of the relationship between budget and time
- Awareness of creative processes and techniques – including digital platforms such as Canva, ContentCal, and social media platforms including LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram
- The confidence and capabilities to enable clients and senior managers to trust in your work
- Interest in extending your skillset and a proactive approach to identifying areas for personal development
- Research skills to uncover new opportunities for clients and the agency
- Understanding of each client’s strategic objective to be able to react to requests with appropriate urgency, and the potential to develop capabilities to proactively identify opportunities and threats
Expectations of all staff, regardless of talent or experience:
- Being on time
- Good work ethic
- Body language
- Positive attitude
- Passion about clients, agency and marketing
- Being coachable
- Being prepared
- Doing more than ‘just enough’
Currently we are working 2-3 days a week from the office in Crowborough, the rest from home. It is our belief that we work best as a cohesive, connected team and so some face to face time is expected on a weekly basis. However, this is dependent on Government advice and our understanding of everyone’s individual situations.
Hours: full time – four days a week working 9.00am – 5.30pm and Fridays working from 9.00am – 3.00pm
Pension: statutory automatic enrolment workplace pension scheme with 3% contribution from us
Holiday entitlement: 28 days pro rata of paid holiday per full working year, to include bank holidays and Christmas shut down between Christmas Day and the first working day after New Year’s Day. Holiday entitlement starts in January and unused holiday cannot be carried over into the next calendar
Probationary period: 3 months
Frequency of salary reviews: annual reviews on the anniversary of start date
Length of notice period: 1 month in the first 2 years, potentially rising to 3 months after that, dependent on job role
Morton Waters is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce, and eliminating unlawful discrimination.
How to apply:
To apply, please send your CV and covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org.